Keeping in mind the end goal to be effective using forums to in your marketing efforts there are a few things that are required.
Prior to joining any forum, you should do some research.
1. Sign up to forums related to your business that is somehow identified with the offers.
2. Only join to popular forums. There is no reason for squandering your opportunity and vitality on forums with hardly anyone and a few posts. Page raking, the number of members and the daily activity is a great way to know if a forum is popular.
3. Only choose forums which allows you to add a signature. You should always check to see if the forum allows you to add a signature. You can check this by looking onto the forum rules. Another great way to find out is to search the forum to see if other members have any signature’s. It’s smarter to discover that a forum doesn’t permit posts with a signature before you go to the time and trouble of joining.
Forums like this I wouldn’t waste your time.
So, by now you should have picked at least 3 different forums that meet your necessities… now what?
1. Keep your signature short and refresh it routinely. Meaning, it’s good to update it regularly. The perfect thing is to constrain yourself to one link, ideally to your primary site.
2. Never make posts that are simply an ad. This is one of the worst things you can do. Many people do this, but I’d highly recommend not doing this.
The best thing to do is speak about yourself and what you can offer, and link to it that way. By doing so, you’re letting others know you can help them.
3. Be a dynamic and information part of the discussion. Plan to spend no less than an hour every day at the forum and set aside the opportunity to become more acquainted with the members.
Set aside the opportunity to present yourself with wise inquiries relying on the discussion’s point.
Over time you’ll start becoming a part of the community and people will start noticing you. By doing so, you will ideally build up decent notoriety and without saying a word in regards to your business or product. And over time, the members will be keen on what you have to offer and will approach you sking you more.