One of the easiest and quickest ways to product creation is to look at purchasing existing products that you can private label and then resell as your own.
Private label rights give you all the benefits of having your own product without the time and effort of creating it yourself.
Many people who purchase private label content don’t extract much value from it. They think that private label content is always used as site content – and fail to see other options, which could easily be more profitable.
For instance, did you know that most private label content can be repackaged into physical and electronic products, such as books, without breaking the terms of the sale? Well, if you didn’t, you do now. All you have to do is check the terms of your PLR content provider. If he/she allows you to repackage it into products and re-write it, you’re all set to go.
You may have dreaded the idea of creating a book from scratch, but you needn’t worry about creating a book with private label content.
It really isn’t all that hard; and it’s rarely time-consuming. In fact, if you have no interest in making the product unique, you can simply replace the author’s name with your own – and immediately put it up for sale.
I personally recommend trying to tweak the product before selling it. If you want to do that, here’s what I suggest:
1. Download Open Office at the following URL:
http://www.openoffice.org. Open Office is an alternative word processing software which allows you to turn normal word processing documents into PDFs by simply clicking an icon.
2. Scan your computer for some good private label content packages you already own. If you really want to make this technique work for you, you may want to select a package that is related to something you already sell. Since you understand this market and have a strong foothold, you won’t have to struggle with a new learning curve.
3. In most situations, your PLR content will consist of a series of articles on a particular subject. If this is the case, take those articles and paste them into an Open Office document. Next, start looking at the titles of the articles.
Think about whether or not there is a good, natural way to weave them all together into a single book. If
there’s no particularly good way to do it, you can make each article a chapter; and market the book as a
“collection of essays.” Just remember to order them in a way that will make sense to a reader.
4. Edit the PLR content. Not all PLR content is cleanly edited. You will want to give the articles a quick
glance to make sure they do not contain any grammatical or factual errors.
If, for instance, you’re selling a marketing product and you’re an Internet marketer, it could be quite
embarrassing if you take credit for factual errors your PLR content provider made.
5. Make the document look nice. Bold and underline chapter titles. Use a clean font, such as Georgia,
Tahoma, Verdana, or Times; and make it large enough for readers, but not too large (otherwise it will look like you’re overcompensating for a lack of content). Size 14 may be reasonable.
Create a clear table of contents. And, if you want to score points with your customers, create a clean
internal-linking system so that your table of contents links to book chapters. You can easily do all of this
using Open Office.
6. Turn your word processing document into a PDF. If you’re using Open Office, all you have to do is click
that little PDF icon on the left-hand sidebar.
And there you go: in a short six steps, you can create a professional-looking, high-quality electronic product. Since someone else did all of the writing and research for you, it shouldn’t take more than a
few hours to do everything.
But you don’t have to stop there. You could do something that most PLR product buyers don’t – something that would make your product stick out from the rest. You could take your book and convert into audio or even video, and either package it with your electronic book or sell it separately.
Most audio and video recording products are pretty inexpensive today. All you need is a microphone and something like Camtasia. If you want to do things as cheaply as possible, you could download a copy of CamStudio, which is completely free.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you should have a high-quality professional product. All you need to do is market it.